your favorite hometown micro brew?
daves energyguide
2009-08-24 22:25:34 UTC
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?

heres a link:
http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php

so whats your favorite hometown brew?
Ice Cream Man
2009-08-24 23:12:01 UTC
Post by daves energyguide
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?
heres a link:http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php
so whats your favorite hometown brew?
since i'm from los angeles, i don't have an answer.

now that i live in brooklyn, i would say brooklyn brewery's local 1
and local 2.

--john
daves energyguide
LOL, iam guessing the best brew in LA is Colt 45?
Garciyalater
2009-08-24 23:39:43 UTC
Post by Ice Cream Man
Post by daves energyguide
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?
heres a link:http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php
so whats your favorite hometown brew?
since i'm from los angeles, i don't have an answer.
now that i live in brooklyn, i would say brooklyn brewery's local 1
and local 2.
--john
berkshire brewing co., out of south deerfieldm mass is about 10 miles
away and makes a fabulous Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale....

real tasty on a warm day!!
Jeremy Timko
2009-08-24 23:44:37 UTC
Post by daves energyguide
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?
heres a link:http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php
so whats your favorite hometown brew?
Living in Portland, there is so much local beer here that it's
virtually impossible to pick a favorite, so I won't. Hell, my buddy
is a homebrewer and he might make the best beer I've ever had...a true
artisan. Anyway, I feel like I live on this beer island and any time
I travel to a different town and see a typical watering hole selection
of gnarly domestic shite, I feel really lucky to be a part of all of
this.

-J
BB
2009-08-24 23:54:10 UTC
Here in Asheville, I enjoy the Pisgah Brewing Pale as well as
Asheville Brewing's Shiva..

Great great stuff the beer here is really off the chain!
LP
2009-08-25 00:08:59 UTC
Post by daves energyguide
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?
heres a link:http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php
so whats your favorite hometown brew?
Almost too many to choose from in the Seattle area, but some favorites
are:

*Elysian Brewing ESB
*Diamond Knot ESB and IPA
*Big Time - anything they brew
*Snoqualmie Brewing.....
All of them brew top-notch winter ales....

There are way too many...

LP
daves energyguide
2009-08-25 00:24:02 UTC
Post by LP
Post by daves energyguide
well, ever since the Barrelhouse Brewery closed here in Cincy (their
price hill porter was killer), ive been hooked on Christian Moerlein's
OTR. mmmm, good stuff, and i love supporting the local scene. ok, now
who can tell me what the OTR stands for, anyone?
heres a link:http://christianmoerlein.com/site.php
so whats your favorite hometown brew?
Almost too many to choose from in the Seattle area, but some favorites
*Elysian Brewing ESB
*Diamond Knot ESB and IPA
*Big Time - anything they brew
*Snoqualmie Brewing.....
All of them brew top-notch winter ales....
There are way too many...
LP
back on the last few GDead tours (93-95) there was this kat we all
called grandpa. my god, he made the BEST home brew porter youve ever
seen. so dark, so thick, so goooood. anyone remember grandpa, he was
old at the time, so i hope hes still kickin it. still the best beer i
have ever had. god bless the grateful dead :)